There were three windows on each face of the eight-sided upper level of the first Monarch Park carousel house (see below) that was used between 1901 and 1915. Most of those windows are now in one of the Henry’s Bend cottages.

Leo J. English and Frank ”Sandy” Sandrock rescued several of the windows from Monarch Park after it permanently closed in 1926. They installed 23 of the windows in Ferncliff Cottage at Henry’s Bend. The cottage was later owned by Lillian English and often visited by a reader of this site, her granddaughter, Christine. Another window hung in the entry way of Lillian’s Oil City home at 208 West Third Street, and has since been transported to Christine’s home in Kaneohe, Hawaii.

Images of the windows were taken by Dave Anderton except the last,
taken by Christine Wilkinson Tumilowicz

Click on an image to expand it to full size.