What’s New On the Oil City pages
- Oct. 04, 2020 – Labeled and linked the Oil City North Side and South Side orientation maps correctly.
- Jun. 08, 2020 – Added Isaac Davis, the story of an early Oil City pioneer
- Nov. 06, 2019 – Converted to a secure site (https) using the free Cloudflare service.
- Aug. 24, 2019 –
The conversion of the site from a FrontPage system to a WordPress system was completed and released. The look and feel were kept the same, and as before, Oil City, Monarch Park and Chamor Estate were combined under the Oil City “Gateway” home page. River Ridge Farm and OCHS Class of ’63 remain as separate websites. However, several changes were made during the conversion: a Site Map was added to the top level “Gateway” menu; Help and Search were moved to the top level; an interactive map was added to the Gateway home page to show the main locations in the vicinity of Oil City; all pages have a footer with copyright, webmaster’s name, and WordPress design identification; and a site icon was added.
- Aug. 02, 2011 – Added images to the Oil City From the Air page.
- Sep. 27, 2010 – Added new panorama images of Oil City, Pa.
- May 19, 2010 – Added the "Miscellaneous Oil City Images" page.
- Nov. 02, 2009 – Added a written history about the development of the Oil City/Franklin trolley companies.
- Oct. 30, 2009 – Moved the "Trolley Companys" page from the Monarch Park site to this ite.
- Oct. 26, 2009 – A summary of the life of Colonel Edwin Drake.
- Oct. 24, 2009 – Corrected the date to Dec. 1975 on the Oil City bridge picture.
- Oct. 23, 2009 – Added the "Information of Interest" page to the site.
- Oct. 23, 2009 – Added a November 1992 image of Oil City’s North Side showing St. Josephs Catholic church, State Street & Oil Creek rail road bridges.
- Oct. 16, 2009 – Added sections of the 1890 History of Venango County volume
- Sep. 28, 2009 – Updated the "Links" page.
- Sep. 28, 2009 – Added a Recommended Reading List.
- Sep. 28, 2009 – Added "How Oil City Came to Be".